"As for the enemies of freedom, those who are potential adversaries, they will be reminded that peace is the highest aspiration of the American people. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it; we will not surrender for it, now or ever." - Reagan, January 20, 1981

"In Vietnam, we tried and failed in a just cause. No More Vietnams can mean we will not try again. It should mean we will not fail again." - from No More Vietnams by Richard Nixon

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Leftists When Reagan Got Shot and Leftists in Wisconsin Today

"Once a liberal, always a liberal, and liberals believe the same things over and over again, and they never change." - Rush Limbaugh, May 28, 2010

30 years ago today, March 30, 1981, President Reagan survived an assassination attempt. In 2004, Stanley Kurtz of National Review wrote that "just around the time Ronald Reagan took office, I moved to Berkeley, where I began to question the direction of contemporary liberalism." And one shocking thing that has stayed with him all these years is this: "When Reagan was shot, I remember being on campus and hearing people cheer. That disturbed me deeply."

Well, here we are 30 years later, and the left now threatens and wishes ill on conservatives in Wisconsin. They even have signs placing crossheirs on Governor Walker's face.

I'm so glad they lost the Cold War. I love my freedom

No comments: